Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Ride...The Yamaha 2007 XT225...A Little History

 
 
The Yamaha XT225, or known in some markets as the Yamaha Serow, was a dual-sport motorcycle produced by Yamaha from 1986 to 2007. The XT225 was preceded and superseded by the XT250. Power is supplied by a 223cc single-cylinder, air-cooled four-stroke engine featuring a SOHC and 2 valves.  The engine produces 15 kW of power and 19Nm of torque.  The XT225 has a reputation for being a lightweight dual-purpose motorcycle which is suited to many applications.

 
Length
81.5"
Width
31.7"
Height
45.7"
Seat Height
31.9"
Wheelbase
53.1"
Ground Clearance
11.2"
Dry Weight
238 Lbs.
Fuel Capacity
2.3 Gallons
 
 
Key Features:
  • Off-road capability and full street equipment come together in one go-anywhere do-anything package.
  • Long-travel suspension and over 11 inches of ground clearance live under a seat only 31.9 inches from the ground.
  • Electric start makes firing up the counterbalanced four-stroke effortless.
  • A dry weight of only 238 pounds makes the XT225 super-maneuverable and responsive.
 

Why is this a great bike for me??? 
I am 5'4 approx 110lbs (on a good day)...I can tip toe this bike
and not have to worry about the weight getting the best of me.
It just goes...and goes...and goes.
Since I am a fairly new rider,  my off road technical skills are still in the works
but the Yamaha is a very forgiving motorcycle.
Rocks...no problem, Sand...not an issue,
Ruts....Well these are the riders (my) demons that have to be tamed.
Keep your head up!! Weight transfer!!! Ride through it!!!
This motorcycle has allowed me to build a ton of confidence quick!
It is amazing on the paved road (for what it is) as well.
I can stay around 70mph...with out any real issues.
Over 70mph I get a little wobble which is caused by the knobbies...
Yes, a heavier adventure bike would be much more comfortable on pavement,
however, my main goal was to ride off road with the ability to ride paved,
when I needed to get from one dirt road, or trail, to another...
 For this, the Yamaha XT serves it purpose profoundly!
If you are a smaller rider, are looking for a very dependable bike,
and want something fun, forgiving and easy to ride....take a good,
long look at the Yamaha XT225 or 250. You won't be disappointed.
 
 
 A Peek at the New 2013 XT250!!
(I'm thinking about a trade in : )
 
 

The dual sport character of the Yamaha XT250 has conquered a lot of fans. To keep its fans loyal, Yamaha came up with a series of small upgrades for the 2013 year model. The biggest change is represented by the new fuel injection system which replaces the earlier model’s 33mm Teikei carburetor. Yamaha claims that thanks to the new fuel injection system the bike offers an improved fuel economy of 76 mpg - a 3 mph improvement when compared to the old 73 mpg rating.
The bike is propelled by a 249cc air-cooled SOHC engine married to a five speed transmission.
The engine remained unchanged, but it received a larger gas tank to improve the bike’s range
(2.6 gallons versus 2.4 gallons on last year’s model).
Another important modification was the replacement of the old CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition) ignition system with a new TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition) technology.
 
 
Lets Ride!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog. I have a 2006 XT225 I enjoy a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! This has been a great bike for me. I have added a few things that TCI Products USA.com makes specifically for this bike. I installed crash gurards, hand guards, a rack, windshield, and headlight guard. I am in the process of getting some larger footpegs as well. I have nicknamed her "Yammy". Now I know how people can have those odd connections with their motorcycles. HA! Thanks again and "Keep the comments rollin!"

      Delete
  2. What are crash guards? Sounds like something I might need. I fell over 3 times today :-) I think there was extra gravity on the trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA!! I can relate to that!! They are also called "Engine Guards". Just a little x-tra protection for the engine...go to TCIproductsusa.com they have several accessories for our bikes. They have a skid plate engine guard combo that is custom made for these motorcycles and very easy to install....ck out my post on april 1st and I attached a video that shows the engine guards installed. Have fun!!!

      Delete

Please Share Your Dirty Experiences, Comments, Feedback!